Transportation to Freiburg is incredibly convenient. The Frankfurt International Airport is the largest airport in continental Europe and has numerous daily high-speed trains directly to Freiburg, which depart directly from the airport. The Freiburg train station, conference venue, old town, and more than 30 hotels are all within walking distance.
Option 1: (recommended)
- Fly to Frankfurt, Germany.
- Take a high-speed train from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg (about 2 hrs).
- Proceed to the long-distance train station at the airport.
- Direct trains to Freiburg depart every two hours. Additional trains depart more frequently which require one change of trains.
- Board the train directly at the airport station.
- Tickets can be booked online (cheaper) or purchased directly on the train (more expensive).
- For online bookings, use the German Railways (Deutsche Bahn) website.
- On the website, select departure from “Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf” and arrival at “Freiburg (Breisgau) Hbf”.
- Walk from Freiburg station to hotels and venue (about 15 mins).
- Fly to EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg.
- Take shuttle bus or train to Freiburg (about 45 mins).
- Freiburg can be reached easily by train from numerous European cities.
For navigational purposes, the Merchants’ Hall is located at:
Münsterplatz 24, 79098 Freiburg im Breisgau